- Location(s): • Oyo
- Specialization: • Agriculture / Agro Allied
- Industry: • Manufacturing / Production
- Application Deadline: 16 December, 2016
- Job Type Fulltime
IITA is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
IITA operates an International House (I-House), with 108 well-appointed rooms, spacious dormitory facilities, and a conference hall that is an ideal venue for organizing workshops, retreats, team building exercises, or a relaxing weekend with the family. The campus also has leisure and recreational facilities, and a community store which offers basic household goods for campus residents.
Job Title:Laboratory Supervisor
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist in preparing growth medium
- Assist in quality assessment of starter culture and seed culture;
- Conduct quality check of carrier materials and the finished product;
- Assist in monitoring and take record of QC data;
- Ensure proper maintenance of the QC laboratory;
- Perform any their duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
MIN REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- HND/BSc in Biochemistry, Microbiology or related courses with at least two (2) years of relevant work experience performing similar role.
Ideal Candidate must:
- Have good sense of cleanliness and must be familiar with safe laboratory practices.
- Have a good sense of interpersonal relationship.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application:
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View how to detect fake recruiters/companies Here
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. The International Instit…Read More about International Institute Of Tropical Agriculture (iita)