NIGERIA CURRENT AFFAIRS
There are so many records about our past Heroes and below few of them:
· Herbert Macaulay was the first man to own a Car in Nigeria.
· Herbert Macaulay was the first President in Nigeria.
· The Second President in Nigeria was Dr.Nnamdi Azikwe.
· The first General Secretary was Dr.Nnamdi Azikwe.
· The fist storey building in Nigeria was found in Badagry.
· The five International Airport in Nigeria are: Muritala Muhammed Int. Airport,Lagos, Kano, Port-Harcourt, Abuja, and Calabar Int. Airport.
· Coal was discover at Enugu in 1912.
· The National Stadium in Lagos was Commissioned on Dec. 4th 1972.
· Operation WETTIE happened after 1965 election
· Lagos-Ibadan Railway line was completed in 1901
· War against Indiscipline was inaugurated in March 20th 1984.
· First wrestler Nigeria to win a world Belt is Mike Okpala.
· The seat of the Federal Government was move from Lagos to Abuja on Dec. 12th1991.
· Queen Elizabeth visited Nigeria in 1956.
· The firs discovery of oil came up in 1953.
· Nigeria was name Nigeria in 1914.
· Nigeria civil war started in 1967.
· Osun State was created on Aug. 27th 1991.
· Pound sterling was introduce as Nigeria currency in 1945.
· First oil well in Nigeria is at Olobiri P.H Rivers state.
· First motor road in Nigeria (Ibadan-Oyo) was completed in 1905.
· The first woman to buy a car in Nigeria was Mrs. Efunroye Tinubu.
· Taiwo Akinkunmi design the Nigeria National Flag in 1958.
· University College Hospital Ibadan was established and headed by Dr. Kenneth Mallany in 1948.
· Niger Dam (Kanji Dam) was opened in 1970.
· Alhaji Shehu Shagari became the first Nigeria executive President on Oct. 1st 1979.
· Slave trade was abolish in Nigeria between 1976-1898.
· River Niger and River Benue join at Lokoja.
· Prof. Wole Shoyinka became the first Africa and Nigeria to win the world Noble price for literature in Stock- ham Sweden on Oct. 16th 1986.
· The first Nigeria Hospital was built by Father Coquard at Abeokuta.
· Gen I.B Babangida became 1st Millitary President in August 27th, 1986.
· Nigeria change into metric system of currency (Naira and Kobbo) on Jan. 1st 1958.
· Central Bank of Nigeria was Opened for business on 1958.
· The first Landing of Aeroplane in Nigeria took place in Kano in 1925.
· The first woman Pilot in Nigeria was Chinyere Anayuchea.
· Hitler War started in 1939.
· The first chairman of P.D.P was chief Solomon Lar.
· The first chairman of A.D was Mamman A.D was Mamman Yusuf.
· The first chairman of A.P.P was Alhji Yusuf Ali.
· The first Political Party in Nigeria is N.N.D.P.