Staff Accountant Needed Urgently (Must live in Ajah/Lekki Axis)
This is a position for a bright, polished and motivated individual and offering great opportunities for advancement within a fast growing company based in Lekki. Lagos. If you are a dedicated individual and are looking to advance and grow with a firm, we invite you to submit your CV/resume for consideration.
1. Apply the principles of accounting within an assigned area of accounting or group or accounts.
2. Maintain records of routine accounting transactions.
3. Compile financial information, processes journal entries into various accounts, and reconcile reports and financial data.
4. Preparation of financial and operating reports including trial balances, adjustments and closing entries.
5. Analyze and interprets accounting records for use by management.
6. Supports accounting operations by filing documents; reconciling statements; running software programs.
7. Maintains accounting records by making copies; filing documents.
8. Reconciles bank statements by comparing statements with general ledger.
9. Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
10. Raise and post sales invoices, cash receipts, cash payment vouchers, payroll, etc.
11. Update and maintain transactions and accounting and financial data such as sales records, accounts payables/receivables, purchases, etc.
12. Prepare and ensure all invoices are recorded.
13. Follow up with client payments, ensuring they are made on time.
14. Manage, track and maintain the petty cash imprest and ensure that reconciliations are completed on a weekly basis.
15. Prepare cheques for payment.
16. Carry out all bank related activities including deposits, accounts reconciliation, etc. as required.
17. Prepare weekly and monthly budgets.
18. Prepare financial reports to monitor and track obligations and expenditures.
19. Prepare financial reports for management accounts as needed.
20. Ensure that proper and accurate statutory returns are prepared in a timely manner.
General Requirements:1.Minimum of first degree from a reputable university, higher degree is a plus 2.Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook), Networking Applications and web based applications 3.Minimum of five years’ experience in similar position 4.Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to influence all levels of the organization and multicultural/international environment. 5.The ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills, a proactive approach, experience working directly with business clients, ability to meet deadlines, strong attention to detail, and the ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from the manager to accomplish assigned tasks. The Senior Accountant reports directly to the Accounting Manager.
Minimum Education: B.Sc/B.A
Experience: 1-3 year(s)
Salary: Up to 150k/Mo
Job Type: Permanent
– See more at: http://www.taglinesrecruiting.com